Quick and easy Green Cauliflower Soup by @healthyeating_jo
This Green soup is a fantastic way of packing in your Greens for a delicious meal or as meal prep to take to school or work. It's also oil free and dairy free!
Jo used República Organic's Green Superfood Mix, as it's a fantastic immunity booster with a mix of Chlorella, Barley Grass, Spirulina and Wheat Grass. So you can mix it in to soups or smoothies, as a boost, or in this case as the Green component of this easy few-ingredient soup.
Jo blended it all up in her Sunbeam Cafe Series Blender to make it nice and smooth. That blender is so good for soups, smoothies, nut butters or for turning nuts or oats into flour!
Green Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 3 tsp República Organic's Green Superfood Mix
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Additional 1 cup of stock or tin of light coconut milk for blending
- Place the cauliflower florets on a lined baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 40mins at 160C. Turning once
- In a non stick fry pan sauté the onion and garlic for two minutes adding a little water to avoid sticking
- Add the stock, salt, herbs and baked cauliflower and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15mins
- Remove from heat and pour contents into your Sunbeam Cafe Series blender and blend until smooth*
- Add additional stock or coconut milk to suit your tastes and consistency
- Add the nutritional yeast and Organic Green Mix and blend again
*Always be careful when blending hot ingredients
Roasting the cauliflower makes all the difference to the flavour, but if you're low on time feel free to skip that step and just simmer it in the stock!
A big thanks to @healthyeating_jo for the delicious and nutritious winter recipe, we hope you all love it!